Angels Drive Log Trucks (sometimes)


Don’t ever drive faster than you angel can fly or drive.

It was around September of 2008. My dad was in the hospital with heart problems. He was needing a stint put it. Many years earlier, my parents had divorced. My dad had horses at his place that had not been feed. As I was getting ready to leave, my dad mentions the horses to me. I agree to see about them. Since it was closer to go the back roads, I start off through the back roads. I am driving a little bit too fast when something tells me I need to slow down. I slow a little bit but not enough.

Soon after, I hit a pothole and flip the car. As the car is flipping, I cry out, “Please, God, let the car land upright.” The car flips, according to the marks on the ground, about three times. Thankfully, it landed right-side up. However, it did take out a large portion of a cast iron fence.

I am scared to say the least about the most. I know that very few cars come this way. I cannot find my purse or my phone. I look up and see a wonderful sight. I see a log truck coming to a stop. A Black man gets out of the rig. He comes to me. I am so relieved. He tells me to sit still, and everything will be all right. He explains that help is on the way. He gets the car door open and finds my purse and phone. He then tells me that a man is coming down the hill. Next, he goes back to the log truck and drives away.

A few minutes later, the owner of the land arrives. He asks me if I am all right. He tells me that he saw the whole wreck and that he has already called for an ambulance. I tell him about the log truck driver who opened the car door for me. He then explained that there was no one was there. There was not log truck or man according to this man, but I saw him clearly. No one knows how my car door got opened. It had to be wired shut for hauling.

Thankfully, I only had a fractured collar bone because of the seat belt.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey

Missing Child

Car Trouble