bqvtwyKhNExjfBhcI_O-iw4SkkE Christian Resources: Going to Heaven

Search This Blog

February 28, 2012

Going to Heaven

English: An old apple orchard in Ottawa, Canada.
Image via Wikipedia

When I was about 5 or 6 years old, I begin to learn about Jesus, heaven, and hell. I was told that Jesus loves me so much that he came and died on the cross for my sins. I learned that 3 days later he came back to life. Later he went to heaven to create a home for everyone who believes in him. In heaven, there is no sickness, pain, or suffering. Someone said that hell is 10 times hotter than Georgia is in the summer time. I had been to Atlanta, Georgia in December and it was hot then. I did not want to go anywhere that it was hotter than Atlanta, Georgia.

During this time, I was also very sickly. There were many foods that I could not eat and playing with animals caused me to have an asthma attack. Someone said that there were animals in heaven. Therefore, I got it in my head that I wanted to go to heaven. You have to understand, I was tired of always being sick. I wanted to play with animals. The preacher had said no one is sick in heaven. Therefore, I got a few toys together. Then I sat in a corner and told Jesus that I was ready to go to Heaven. I did this everyday for about 2 weeks. My mom thought that I was playing either school or church. She did not know that I was waiting on Jesus to come get me and take me to heaven.

Finally, one night I had a dream. In the dream, Jesus came and took me to heaven. It was wonderful. I was able to eat all of the food that grew in the garden. This included tomatoes and butter bean. Both of which normally made me sick. I was also able to drink milk from a cow. In addition, I was able to play with the dogs, cats, lambs, horses, and goats. I had so much fun. Just being able to run in open fields without having an asthma attack gave me great joy.

Then Jesus talked to me. He explained that I still needed to live on earth. However, things would get better. He said that I could come back to heaven to live one day.

With time I out grew my childhood food allergies. Now I am able to eat whatever I want to. In addition, I no longer have the server asthma that I had as a child. Yes, it was several years before I out grew these problems, but Jesus was right things did get better.

As a child, I did not have perfect understanding of the Bible, but I understood enough to know that heaven is where I wanted to go. Hell is too hot, but heaven is perfect. I also understood that I had to talk to Jesus in order to go to heaven. Therefore, I persistently ask Jesus to take me to heaven. He answered my prayer in the best possible way. I know that whatever you may want or need, if you persistently ask Jesus, he will answer. The answer may be wait, yes, or no.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment