bqvtwyKhNExjfBhcI_O-iw4SkkE Christian Resources: Flying High

Search This Blog

March 2, 2012

Flying High


When I was a child, I went to a church that sung songs from a Hymnal. We sung songs like “In the Garden”, Sweet Hour of Prayer”, “Victory in Jesus”, and “I’ll Fly Away”. This songs had special meaning to the people. The songs were always sung with such emotion. The emotion was never sad, yet many times the people had tears in there eyes and a smile on their faces.

I loved these songs and would often sang them as I played outside. Sometimes I would swing in the swing. One day while singing “I’ll Fly away”, I closed my eyes while singing and swinging. I could see angels. They were coming from and going to heaven. After that I almost always closed my eyes when swinging. I would try to swing just as high as I could. It seemed that I was flying with the angels. My mom would see me and say don’t swing so high. I would just giggle. I felt safe, warm, and loved.

Later I read about Jacob and his dream of the Angels Ascending and Descending from heaven. I believe that those who open their spiritual eyes and close that natural eyes could see amazing sites like what I saw. However, you must have faith like a child in order to do this. Even Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them from coming to me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these” (Mathew 19:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment